Sleeping Beauty Guest House offers superior accommodation in the Overberg, and the owner’s personal attention to business people and tourists.
Our accommodation in the main house consists of six en suite rooms. The loft in the outbuilding has been converted for guests wishing to self-cater, This unit has two bedrooms, each with a private bathroom, and an open plan kitchen/ dining area. Breakfast is available in the main house but is not included in self-catering rates
- All rooms have TV and tea and coffee making facilities.
- Rates include Vegan, Vegetarian or English cooked breakfast prepared by the owner. Dinner is available if ordered on booking. We serve a three-course meal in our beautiful main dining room. Guests can bring their own wine.
- Free WiFi is available in the house.
- All rooms are en suite, large and smoke-free
- Well behaved and socialized pets are welcome by prior arrangement.
Guests are encouraged to explore our lovely garden and Sleeping Beauty labyrinth which we laid out and planted with indigenous plants.
The Julius Gordon Center has a collection of the artworks of some of South Africas most famous artists as well as items of historical interest. The Center is in Long Street, close to our Guest House, and is open to visitors.
Cycling has become a popular activity in the town and the surrounding country roads offer some of the best and safest routes for mountain bikers and roadies.
Hikers should take the opportunity to climb to the top of the Sleeping Beauty mountain peak, an easy 13 km round trip from the old Toll House. From the summit, a panoramic view of the Little Karroo can be seen and on a clear day, the coastline is visible.
Please book directly on the “Contact us” page. This will save you the commission charged by the online booking agents.